Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Awesome Butternut Squash

It's that time of year again. You know what I mean. Autumn. The seasonal squash and pumpkins are arriving. I love them. I made this dish for us on Saturday. I had to enlist the help of my strong man to help me peel this determined squash but it was well worth all of our efforts. You can find butternut squash already peeled,seeded, and cubed. I happen to believe you can get more quantity from a whole squash. Hope you enjoy this delicious and healthier dish.


What you will need:

1 2 lb. butternut squash
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp. light brown sugar
cooking spray

After you have wrestled, tamed, peeled, seeded,and cubed the squash, place on an unsprayed cookie sheet. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Sprinkle the squash with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Toss to coat the squash. Spray the top of the squash with the non-stick cooking spray. (I use olive oil spray because it browns better) Toss squash to coat. Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, removing every 15 minutes to toss. Squash will be tender and slightly browned.

1 comment: